A Beautifully Strange Stranger


The same hand movements, same complaints, the forgetfulness and exhaustion.
It was the time to practice our sports drill, which I would be doing standing very close to the audience on the final day. No denying that was all the more reason to try to do it better, but I have two left legs! Dance and I were like the broken couple who once had a teenage dream but grew up to realise we weren't meant for one another.

Glad enough as I was to find that all my classmates were irritated with it too. Though, I wont deny that it was a very rejuvenating break in an all-girls' school, from the regular subject classes with teachers, toxic for my mind and students who considered themselves to be either Mark Zuckerberg or the most front forward donator to the school.
Okay, I admit, I am generalising but the rare one who didn't fall into any of those categories ended up showing the traits of Hitler, which made it no better.
You just couldn't have laughed or even smiled without being told you are being 'disrespectful' or a 'hindrance to peace'.

However, even during the drill, we could see that our Sports teacher was so dissatisfied with us, that the situation would often turn to be like in the classroom. After all it was an all girls' school.
So, as we had completed our first round of practices, we were told to be at the uncovered bleachers to rest and have a look at our juniors performing their part.


They were as sick of the drill as we were, but they surely were a lot less lazier. They appeared so funny and therefore, cute to us. None would smile out of them though; none but one.

This little girl stood right in the front and headed a line for the drill. She wasn't any regular beautiful, but to em she appeared the most beautiful of them all. She wasn't cute because of being funny, but of being elegant.
The steps of their drill didn't even suit anyone except her, to me!

She would do it so well. She made the weirdest steps look mesmerizing! She always appeared appeared calm and dedicated, and had a slight joyful smile on her face throughout, even during the much difficult part of the drill.

Her face was a blend of sunshine and positive vibes. All of this just added to her beauty. All else would fade away when she entered and did the stupid steps with great elegance.



And, all of a sudden, I had started looking at her like my little sister. Her smile was the most attractive feature about her. It was like gold dust among shapeless pebbles.

She had understood by now how I would look at her always, tell everyone how cute she was and would enjoy her performance. This covered her face with a wide grin and she would even blush!

In all chaos and lethargy, it was amazing how she could remain so gleeful and fascinating. I just sat down there, looking at her and her vibrant personality, realising how much I had to learn from her. I wish I could hold her tightly and have her bright tiny face against me.

I wanted her to retain that gentle bliss she had all along. I wanted to save her from committing the mistake, I committed during the course of my life.

No, I didn't know her name, her religion, her attitude, family or for that matter, anything about her life.

But, yes, however, crazy and vague it may seem, she was beautiful and I always wanted to keep the little lady protected. 

0 Comments:

BLOG POST OF THE WEEK