Souvenir

Sejal Ghia Interpret Media Blog Paris














Got you a postcard from Paris
From under the lit up tower,
And from a hidden beach in Nice,
Coloured pebbles for the shower.

Brought you a bookmark from Brugge
From an old man by a bridge,
Klimt coasters from Vienna
And a magnet for your fridge.

And bottle caps from Berlin
And from Munich, mini cars,
Nothing, though, from Amsterdam,
Or you'd find me behind bars.

A little Jewish star from Prague,
Some centuries from Rome,
And palinka from Budapest
To warm your heart and home.

And metro maps and train tickets
And coins and bills and flags,
I stuffed and stuffed these things into
My overflowing bags.

Little did I know while picking
These souvenirs with glee,
That I would meet a souvenir
Of what you used to be.

0 Comments:

BLOG POST OF THE WEEK